Thursday 19 April 2018

Not My Day!

I started off missing all 4 Continenal Coal Tits, while looking for them I missed the only Black-throated Diver of the day, I then missed a Red Kite that had all the Gulls going ballistic but it was on the other side of the power station to me, I missed the 3 Hawfinches that dropped into the reserve briefly, I missed the Goshawk that was circling around the Water Tower then I missed the 18 Manx Shearwaters that feeding of the fishing boats this afternoon because I was at the sea watch hide. On the plus side I did record my highest ever count of Harbour Porpoises, a brilliant 57, OL looked round into Lade Bay and found a magnificent 88!
Newly arrived Wheatear behind the sea watch hide
07.30-08.00, 09.25-13.30, 15.00-17.00 from the sea watch hide with OL,MH & SG
Brent Goose: 1 up
Shelduck: 2 up
Gadwall: 1 up
Common Scoter: 184 up
Red-breasted Merganser: 3 up
Red-throated Diver: 10 up. 1 down
Black-throated Diver: 1 up per OL
Great-crested Grebe: 14 around
Fulmar: 1 down
Manx Shearwater: 18 feeding off the fishing boats per MH & SG
Gannet: 47 up
Cormorant: present n/c
Marsh Harrier: 3 in    1 per MH & SG
Oystercatcher: 1 up
Whimbrel: 64 up.
Great Skua: 2 up
Arctic Skua: 12 up
Black-headed Gull: present n/c
Mediterranean Gull: 1 up
Herring Gull: present n/c
Great Black-backed Gull present n/c
Little Gull: 116 up  All beween 15.10-16.20
Kittiwake: 17 up
Sandwich Tern: 271 up
Common/Arctic Tern: 169 up
Arctic Tern: 32 up
Auk sp: 2 up
House Martin: 1 in
Wheatear: 1 behind hide
Harbour Porpoise: 57+ around

No comments:

Post a Comment