Saturday 10 February 2018

Horned Lark!

A bright fresh start to the morning persuaded me to walk along the seaward side of Lydd Ranges from Galloways to The Wicks and back. A 2 hour trudge along the beach and through the salt marsh saw just a few Gulls along the shore, while around the salt marsh 2 Oystercatchers, 4 Curlews, 2 Ringed Plovers and 5 Redshanks, not single Bunting, Finch, Lark or Pipit was seen. Needless to say I wont be repeating that walk in a hurry. 
Late morning I was in the reserve car park after looking at Burrowes from Dennis's Hide, I was contemplating visiting The Patch when GH called with an offer of a lift to Staines to see the Horned Lark, after the poor morning I'd had I wasn't going refuse. AS we travelled along the motorways the weather deteriorated, by the time we arrived it was quite unpleasant. Mounting the causeway we could see 4 birders in the distance who appeared not to be looking at anything. Eventually we found the Lark which after a while flew to the north basin and showed quite well.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment