Wednesday 18 January 2017

 10 Great White Egrets at sunrise on the ARC this morning
As I drove across the causeway this morning I was surprised to see a group of Great White Egrets sheltering from the the bitter east wind, I was even more surprised when I pulled over and counted 10 birds, the most I have ever photographed in one shot. While I was there the Bewick Swans left the lake to feed out on Walland Marsh. 
A walk along the beach from the point towards the Lifeboat station was bracing and unrewarding, just a few Red-throated Divers and Gannets seen.
 I joined DW at The Patch and spent an hour watching the 2 1w Iceland Gulls (including the bird that some thought might be a Glaucous Gull), the drake Eider was present before I arrived and DW spotted an adult Mediterranean Gull which through my incompetence I could not get on to. A peregrine flew over as I walked back to the car.
This afternoon with MH we saw Little Owl in the Lydd camp, at Scotney no Grey Geese were present though there was a Black-necked Grebe on the main lake. On the reserve the Ring-necked duck was  still insitu, a drake Goosander flew over and 1,100+ Cormorants roosted on Burrowes.

No comments:

Post a Comment