Saturday 11 June 2016

Old Haunts

Due to domestic issues I have spent the last few days in West Sussex, which gave me the opportunity to re-visit some of the sites I used to go to when I was a Shoreham resident. Ambersham Common, Iping Common and  Lavington Common were all visited,  Dartford Warblers, Tree Pipits, Woodlarks, Crossbill, Siskin, Redpoll, Stonechats, Nightjars, Hobby's, Red Kite and countless Common Buzzards were seen with relative ease, surrounding woodland was fairly quiet but I did manage a single Marsh Tit.
A morning spent at The Burgh was superb with at least 5 Red Kites possibly up to 10 and numerous Common Buzzards, Corn Buntings, Yellowhammers, Common Whitethroats and numerous Chaffinches. I only saw 1 Grey Partridge but heard several more and I'm sure many more were unseen in the crop fields, also screaming parties of Swifts and many Swallows hawking over the fields, from a photographic point of view it was a pity that the skies were grey while I was there.    
 Nightjar. Almost dark very high ISO
 Red Kites at The Burgh



 Corn Bunting
Orange Tip

1 comment:

  1. What I'd do to have some of that in Orlestone Forest! Resorting to bees these days..
    BTW. Like the Kite shots.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete