Thursday 7 April 2016

Hooded Crow!

With the a West wind blowing I decided to have a look around the hay fields first thing this morning for Water Pipits, I found none just a couple of Meadow Pipits. Marsh Harriers were over the reed beds but little else of note was seen.
While I was there David Campbell text me to say a Hooded Crow had flown West past the sea watch hide. As I arrived at the sea watch hide AJG & DC left as virtually nothing was passing. I settled in for a slow watch, which was mercifully cut short by news from OL that the Hooded Crow or another was on the beach at the Lifeboat Station heading towards the fishing boats, which is where I caught up with it, also a Wheatear on the beach by the boats.   
An uncooperative Hooded Crow on the beach.
 Yellow Wagtail and Corn Bunting at Scotney.
Around Scotney of note 8 Avocet and 4 Mediterranean Gulls on the back lakes, several each of Yellow Wagtail, Corn Bunting and Skylark but no sign of the 1w Iceland Gull.
Late afternoon on New Diggings still at least 2 Black-necked Grebes nearby 2 red head Smew on the Boulderwall Pools. There were still a few Willow Warblers and Firecrests around the Peninsula per DW & DB.
 Black-necked Grebe

No comments:

Post a Comment