Saturday 19 March 2016

Yet another cold dull occasionally drizzly day in a brisk NE wind.
Still 2 Slavonian and 1 Black-necked Grebe on the New Diggings as I made my way to the beach this morning.
07.00-09.00 from the sea watch hide:
Brent goose: 1E
Common Scoter: 43E
Red-throated diver: 151E
Great-crested Grebe: present N/C
Fulmar: 12E  1W
Gannet: 64E
Cormorant: present N/C
Oystercatcher: 5E
Black-tailed Godwit: 7E
Mediterranean Gull: 1 around
Sandwich Tern: 4E
Auk sp: 5E
Starling: 1 in
Harbour Porpoise: 3+
After spending a few hours doing domestic stuff I joined SO at the fishing boats for another sea watch.
Probably the worst sea watch I have had at Dungeness:
14.00-15.30
Red-throated Diver: 1E
Great-crested Grebe: present N/C
Cormorant: Present N/C
Gannet: 7E
Oystercatcher: 3W
100+ Brent Geese moved east just before I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment