Sunday 8 February 2015

Harrier Roost!

After a lay in I made my way to Scotney, from the double bends a single Black-necked Grebe, the Scaup but no sign of any wild geese. At Brickwall Farm the 2 Cattle Egrets happily feeding by the chicken sheds, a few hundred yards up the road from them a single Greater White-fronted Goose was associating with a flock of c100 Greylags.
Cattle Egrets Brickwall Farm
After lunch back at Scotney the 2 Tundra Bean Geese popped into view and a flock of 20 Corn Buntings. The Spotted Redshank was seen again this afternoon JC,DC,BK.
It was the Harrier roost count today, instead of looking at my usual Reed bed which has drawn a blank for the last couple of years, I looked at another closer to home near the airport, where I joined Martin and Sussana and were fortunate enough to have 1 adult male come into roost.
On the way back to the car a couple of flocks of calling Bewick Swans flew over to roost at the ARC.   

No comments:

Post a Comment