Sunday 7 December 2014

4 Herons from the garden!

Peering through the curtains this morning seeing a dull damp day, I  went back to bed for another hour. When I eventually got myself out and about the 2 Cattle Egrets were showing well still. On the New Diggings from the causeway now 5 Goosander (2 drakes) and 2 Great White Egrets.
A single adult Yellow-legged Gull was in the gull roost on the beach. 
A half hour sea watch is best described as grim!  
Back at Plodland doing some gardening I could see the 2 Cattle Egrets on the cow shed roof and a Little Egret flew over, so I set the scope up and scanned towards the reserve, it wasn't long before a Great White Egret came into view also 2 Grey Herons and 2 Marsh Harriers, not bad without leaving the garden.
It was the coordinated Harrier count this afternoon, I made the trek out the reed bed I cover and as usual no Harriers roosted there, indeed only 2 flew over a very poor showing. However large numbers of Golden Plover and Lapwing were flying around ans as dusk fell 2 Bean Geese (presumably Tundra) flew past me and landed in the fields by Hook Wall, they were also seen by BH while he was watching his allotted reed bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment