Saturday 25 October 2014

Red Breasted Flycatcher

 As I had to go to West Sussex yesterday I took the opportunity to hopefully see the ad male Red Breasted Flycatcher that has graced the old trapping area for the last few days. I arrived to find just 1 birder present who left after informing me the flycatcher was still present, giving me the opportunity of having it to myself. The bird was calling frequently and showing intermittently, the weather unfortunately was definitely not in my favour, being quite misty at times when it wasn't raining and very dreary. This required high ISO settings to get any worth while shutter speeds which did not help to do this superb little bird justice. Eventually as more birders arrived it became more elusive. Also seen there 2 Ring Ouzels and couple of seemingly ever present Ravens.
 A stunning bird despite the weather






No comments:

Post a Comment