Monday 24 March 2014

Another Day Another Gull.(but what is it)

At The Patch this morning I was joined by PT and Barney looking for white winged gulls, of which there were none. Also there was absolutely no movement offshore.
 Stoat by the Old Lighthouse
A wander around the bushes yielded 6 Chiffchaffs ( at least 6 more were recorded in the trapping area) and relatively showy Stoat.
Early afternoon 2 Wheatears by Dengemarsh Road as I drove to Springfield Bridge where I parked and walked to Dengemarsh Hide. On the walk in a Little Egret and a Lapwing were on the Dengemarsh Flood and Hayfield 3 held 6 Shelduck, 4 Shoveler and a Marsh harrier flew over. Near Dengemarsh Hide a Pipit flushed from a wet section by the fence was probably a Water Pipit, I watched as it flew c600mts back the way I came and landed in a wet section of the sheep field, but by the time I'd walked back I could not relocate it.     
1 of 12 Wheatears opposite Beach Cottage this afternoon 
Mid afternoon I had a look at the beach opposite Beach Cottage where I saw 12 Wheatears, 2 Skylarks and 2 Meadow Pipits.
½ hour sea watch from the concrete road saw c50 Great Crested grebes off shore and little else.
I saw a pale Gull fly into a small roost, thinking it was the usual 1w Glaucous Gull I put my scope on it and realised that it was not. Unbeknown to me DW was already looking at it from the other end of the beach. We watch it on and off till dusk as it moved around the beach obtaining a few images, probably a Hybrid but I don't know for sure. 
 ??? Gull
 ??? Gull
 ??? Gull
??? Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment