Monday 18 November 2013

To gloomy for pics!

Another dull damp day at Dungeness. First thing at the fishing boats a few Gannets and Kittiwakes tooing and froing, 2 Red-throated Divers east, 52 Great Crested Grebes and a Guillemot on the sea, half an hour of that much excitement was enough for me. Next stop the observatory where Patrick was ringing a Goldcrest only my second one this Autumn, where are they all!
A slow plod around the reserve getting very for my troubles saw 2 Great White Egrets and 3 Marsh Harriers as the highlights, Cetti's Warblers shouting from the scrub and Water Rails squealing in every reed bed. On the lakes growing numbers of Wigeon, Shoveler and Gadwall but no sawbills yet.
After a spot of lunch and drying out I went to the ARC where another Great White Egret was strutting around, along with 3 Little Egrets. 2 Marsh harriers were constantly flushing the Coot and Dabblers. I walked out past the Water Tower towards The Mirrors cutting back towards the airport checking every Sallow, clumps of Gorse and Reed beds flushing 4 Common Snipe and 2 Song Thrushes, plenty of Wrens, Robins and Dunnocks were seen but precious little else. As it was getting dark when I returned to the car park I thought I would sit in Hanson and see if anything came in to roost, apart from a female Goldeneye nothing new appeared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment