Friday 13 September 2013

Semi P reappears

 I joined AJG at The Point at 07.15, the look of boredom on his face said it all, after 15 minutes of seeing a couple of Arctic Skuas that have been around for several days beating up a couple of Sandwich Terns, we headed for the observatory. On arrival we were told a Pied flycatcher had been ringed but little else.
I made my way to the reserve centre and wandered up to Firth hide and found BP already there. From the hide 7 Ruff, a Bar-tailed Godwit, a Greenshank, 2 Common Snipe, 4 Dunlin, 2 distant Little Stints and 3 Sedge Warblers in front the hide. We were joined by a Sandwich Bay birder and The Joker We all moved to Makepiece where the birder from Sandwich Bay relocated the 2 Little Stints, I started to scope the island for the Stints and the first bird I saw was the Semipalmated Sandpiper in the company of 2 Little Stints. We quickly put the news out and the bird showed almost continually albeit distantly (so no pictures) till about 14.30 when all 3 birds disappeared. 2 Black-necked Grebes were also visible from Makepiece.
At lunch time from Plodland 6 Yellow Wagtails over, 30+ Meadow Pipits and a Hobby.
After lunch I went to Hanson where 2 Garganey, a Black-necked Grebe, 11 Black-tailed Godwits and 2 Ruff could be seen. From there back to the reserve where I learned the the Semi P had gone missing. Fortunately PT of http://ploversblog.blogspot.co.uk/ relocated it on the ARC pit from the Screen Hide. I made my way there and while there got a call from DW, who was in Firth hide that he was watching a very distant Osprey that was over The Pilot PH. As the screen hide looks directly in that direction I managed to find the Osprey being heavily mobbed, it did eventually come a little closer but appeared to move off west.
The Semi P was still present from the screen hide at 17.30 when I left.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment