Saturday 14 April 2012

Nightingales

Crossbill always high in the trees today
 With the forecast for Strong North Easterlies I thought I'd spend some time plodding round and checking out one of my Nightingale tetrads. As I got out of the car at Faggs Wood I could hear the first one of 9 today. Also round the wood still a few flocks of Crossbills a 26, an 8, a 4 and a 12 mainly coming into the bomb crater area. No Lesser Pecker today but several Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 6 Bullfinches, 4 Treecreepers and 4 pairs of Nuthatch including the very vocal pair in the car park, 18 singing Chiffchaffs, 3 singing Willow Warblers, 5 singing Blackcaps, 1 Woodcock and 2 Common Buzzards over the woods. A very pleasant and rewarding plod but it seems I did miss a fairly good sea watch.
Nightingale (Must learn how to use photoshop)

No comments:

Post a Comment